This is a delightful spring salad combining the fresh, slightly peppery taste of arugula with a citrus mint dressing tempering arugula’s strong taste. The roasted asparagus adds another dimension of flavour. The feta cheese and pine nuts add texture and depth. We think you’ll love it.
1 bunch asparagus
3 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper
⅓ cup pine nuts
3 Tbsp. orange juice
1 ½ Tbsp lemon juice
1 ½ Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
1 tsp. honey
5 cups arugula
⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450
- Clean and dry asparagus; slice off 2” off the stem.
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet; drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper; roast for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Place pine nuts in small frying pan, over medium heat for 3 minutes or until golden. Stir constantly so you don’t burn them. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk together orange juice, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, mint, honey and a pinch of salt. Whisk quickly while drizzling in remaining olive oil. Stop whisking when the oil emulsifies. Set aside.
- Cut asparagus stalks into 4 or 5 pieces.
- Combine arugula, roasted asparagus, pine nuts and feta cheese into a large salad bowl. Toss very gently until the arugula is moistened.