- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed (chop & reserve fronds)
- 2 pears, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- sea salt & fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- fresh mint or other herbs (optional)
Whisk together apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, chopped fennel fronds, oil, salt and pepper.
Using a mandoline, thinly shave the pears (be mindful to avoid the gritty core) and fennel. Toss with vinaigrette and garnish with fennel fronds, fresh herbs and more black pepper. Serve at room temperature with a crusty baguette and crisp white wine.
Notes: If you want to play with texture, dice some of the pear. Also, pickled red onion is a lovely addition if you have any on hand.