If you're avoiding carbs, but miss toast in the morning or an afternoon slice of loaf, this recipe is for you! Dense and nutty, slightly sweet it's great with savoury dishes or buttered and toasted. You can play with the amount of sweetener or fresh herbs to change the flavour profile as it's a pretty forgiving recipe. Just keep in mind you'll need some fat and liquid to keep that almond flour moist.
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup*
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
*to make this recipe KETO-friendly, you can use 2 teaspoons of granulated monkfruit sweetener + tablespoon of olive oil or Greek yogurt in lieu of maple syrup. Alternatively, you can use liquid stevia to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, then add sweetener and vinegar
- Stir wet ingredients into dry. Batter will be fairly thick.
- Scoop batter into a small (approx. 6×3 inch) well greased loaf pan
- Top with coarse salt, your favourite herbs or a mix of seeds and nuts.
- Bake at 300° for 45 minutes on bottom rack of oven; until a knife comes out clean. Cool and serve
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for a week.