Here is a sweet and simple delicious recipe perfect for special occasions or, really...any occasion!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Whipped cream (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (a few lumps are okay).
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Scoop a 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan and cook until small bubbles form on the surface, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes topped with fresh strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.